Everyone knows the saying:”your fingers actually present your age”. It’s possible you’ll bear in mind seeing your grandmother or mom’s fingers and maybe seeing the seen indicators of ageing in darkish spots and deepening wrinkles as properly blemishes from the damage and tear of time. They might have informed you to maintain your fingers and to guard them, not simply your face, from the injury attributable to UV publicity and different environmental stressors in addition to family cleansing merchandise.
Carrying gloves whereas doing housekeeping could also be your mantra already. However pay attention up, as a result of in case you love caring in your fingers and are in love with the perfection and sturdiness of gel manicures, it’s possible you’ll be exposing the pores and skin in your fingers to UV injury, as we discover out on this visitor episode of Inexperienced Magnificence Conversations.
Method Botanica CEO and podcast host Lorraine Dallmeier talks to Candice Quinn, who’s the Founding father of MANISAFE, a multi-award-winning small enterprise with a mission to make gel manicures kinder to fingers’ pores and skin. MANISAFE created a group of fashion-statement, UV-protective gel manicure gloves designed to guard the pores and skin in your fingers from the dangerous UV gentle emitted by nail lamps to remedy gel polish. Candice’s intention is to avoid wasting hand pores and skin from injury in all conditions – together with their beautifying.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Spotify
Subscribe on YouTube
Are your gel manicures photoageing your fingers? @FormulaBotanica podcast talks to protecting manicure gloves @Manisafe founder Candice Quinn concerning the rising proof linking UV lamps at hand pores and skin injury. Click on To Tweet
On this episode with MANISAFE, you’ll hear:
- How Candice got here throughout the concept for MANISAFE when taking a look at her kids of their UV-protective sunsuits. She realised the identical high-protection-factor cloth may very well be used to guard fingers from UV throughout gel manicures.
- Along with her medical business background and coaching, Candice ensured MANISAFE was based on sound, evidence-based science. This was crucial to her success as there was scepticism within the salon business concerning the injury hand pores and skin can maintain from the UV lamps used to set gel varnishes.
- We get nails performed to look good, however over time, and regularly, UV-lamp publicity throughout gel manicures may cause photoageing of the pores and skin. The proof is monitoring within the route of suggesting there’s mobile DNA injury too.
- We shield our face and physique when outdoor and in daylight, so why not our fingers too? Candice’s mission is to see MANISAFE gloves with their UPF +50 (the best safety degree for materials) utilized in different conditions too, comparable to biking, driving and out and about pushing buggies.
Key takeouts embrace:
- A survey of 300 girls within the UK discovered that 65% both had no concept that the lamp used to remedy gel manicures emitted UV or had not made connection that the emissions have been the identical as UV from the solar. MANISAFE’s driving drive was to speak concerning the rising proof linking UV manicure lamps with pores and skin injury so folks may very well be armed with the data.
- The sense of utilizing MANISAFE gloves is filtering via to the business with some aesthetician practices now writing MANISAFE glove put on into their post-treatment protocols.
- Candice has created efficient, stunning, enjoyable merchandise to make use of to boost the gel manicure expertise. Her want is to work with the business and see MANISAFE gloves bought together with each UV-lamp used at residence or in salons.
- The message is that there’s nothing to be afraid of in having a gel manicure in case you take wise measures to guard your hand pores and skin. We don’t cease going exterior due to UV publicity as we apply sunscreen, so, says Candice, why not shield ourselves sensibly when having a self-care second in a nail salon?
Meet our visitor: Candice Quinn
Candice Quinn is the Founding father of MANISAFE, a multi-award-winning small enterprise with a mission to make gel manicures kinder to fingers’ pores and skin. MANISAFE affords a group of fashionable UV-protective gel manicure gloves designed to guard fingers’ pores and skin from the dangerous UV gentle emitted by nail lamps to remedy gel polish.
MANISAFE gloves ship UPF 50+ rated safety and there are 6 trendy colors and prints to select from, so they’re like a highly-effective SPF and vogue accent multi function. Since its launch in 2021, MANISAFE has protected 1000’s of fingers, with its merchandise bought on-line to 17 nations and stocked in London-based boutique nail salons and aesthetic clinics. MANISAFE has received three awards together with Greatest Pores and skin Innovation for Physique within the Marie Claire Pores and skin Awards 2021 and most lately was chosen by Dragons Den’s Theo Paphitis for his Small Enterprise Sunday awards.
Discover MANISAFE at:
MANISAFE is providing a reduction code for listeners: use GBC15 for 15% off at web site checkout.
Thanks for becoming a member of us for this episode of the Method Botanica Inexperienced Magnificence Conversations podcast. In case you loved listening, please share, subscribe and evaluation this episode on iTunes, Spotify or Youtube in order that extra folks can benefit from the present. Don’t overlook to comply with and join with us on Fb, Twitter and Instagram.
Go away us a remark
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist, Chartered Environmentalist and the CEO of Method Botanica, the award-winning on-line natural beauty science faculty. Learn extra about Lorraine and the Method Botanica Group.
fbq('init', '1441623626075657'); // Insert your pixel ID here.