I’ve seen just a few publications writing about ‘Glitter Tears Nail Artwork’ as if it have been a brand new pattern making the rounds. I simply needed to go on report to set issues straight – nail artists have been doing it lengthy earlier than Glitter Tears have been a factor. No shade… simply giving credit score the place it’s due!
It’s actually simply your traditional glitter gradient on a clean base i.e. no base color, simply clear polish. Calling it a pattern is a little bit… reductive. It’s one of many oldest methods within the guide and can at all times be in fashion.
This specific tackle the look is impressed by Hannah Rox it who has the tutorial up on her YouTube channel.
Now I do know what you’re considering – and yeah, in fact it takes a very very long time! I needed to place every bit of glitter individually. However that’s half the enjoyable of it in the event you’re an anally retentive perfectionist like myself, proper?
In all, the entire hand took lower than 45 minutes and I used to be distracted by Gilmore Women on within the background so I believe I may do it in 25 if I used to be concentrating. There’s a neater approach to get the look – learn on for extra.
Methods to do the Nail Artwork
1. Apply your common base coat.
2. Discover a clear polish or high coat that isn’t a fast dry polish – the longer it stays moist, the longer you must connect the glitter.
3. Utilizing one thing pointy (I exploit toothpicks), choose up your items of glitter one after the other and begin on the tip of your nail. Place them in a falling sample – with extra protection proper on the tip, utilizing much less as you get near the cuticle.
4. If the clear coat in your nails dries earlier than you end, simply apply one other or dab on the spots the place you want it most.
5. End with a few layers of high coat. I’d suggest utilizing fairly a thick high coat to actually easy over the glitter chunks.
If you wish to get the look in half the time, all you want is your favorite glitter polish and a make-up wedge.
1. Apply a transparent base coat.
2. Paint a little bit glitter polish on to the sting of your sponge and dab it straight on to the tip of your nail.
3. Maintain dabbing gently (however by no means drag/swipe) and take it midway down your nail to create the fade.
4. End off with just a few layer of high coat to easy issues over.
A Few Ideas
Apply on falsies first and attempt to have endurance. Apply makes good!
For those who’re going to make use of the sponge hack, use a superb glitter
HAVE FUN! Have you ever seen the glitter choices flooding shops recently? The probabilities are actually infinite!
OPI Nail Envy base coat
Hexagonal Holographic glitter / glequins from Born Fairly Retailer (Choice #1)
NYC Elegant Glassy High Coat (Sluggish-ish Drying)
Seche Vite High Coat (Quick Dry)