Southern California’s Poseidon Bikes had their new mountain bike, The Norton, on show at this yr’s Sea Otter Basic. Poseidon Bikes is an organization that has come to be identified for its actually reasonably priced sub-$1000 bicycles, just like the Triton highway bike for $699 (with a carbon/aluminum fork), the X Ambition at $899 (with a full carbon fork), and their gravel plus bike, the Redwood at $999.
The Norton was launched a couple of month in the past and that is the primary time I’ve seen it up shut and private. That is Poseidon’s first bike that breaks by means of the $1000 threshold, retailing for a bit extra at $1299. It’s a 27.5″ wheeled hardtail that has trendy geometry.
The aluminum body encompasses a tapered head tube and routing for a dropper put up (dropper not included although). It’s obtained inner cable routing as nicely with an choice to externally run your rear brake cable or hose if desired. The Norton additionally has thru-axles entrance and rear, with normal 12 x 148mm Increase spacing out again.
I believed one of many highlights of the brand new Norton’s spec sheet had been the brake calipers. Poseidon used the very succesful Juin Tech Hydraulic/Mechanical Disc Brakes.
The Norton is available in both Electrical Inexperienced or Matte Black colours and is out there as a body solely as nicely ($449.99 frame-only). The Norton’s body makes use of smoothed-out welds for a neat and clear aesthetic.
Let’s see what else the Norton MTB has on the spec sheet.
It has an honest spec that might develop with the rider by providing a very good place to begin to improve as wanted.
- Body: 6061 double heat-treated aluminum with tapered headtube (lifetime guarantee)
- Fork: Suntour XCM34 Increase suspension fork w/ 130mm journey, tapered steerer (27.5 particular)
- Seatpost: 31.6
- Shifters: Flatbar microShift Creation X 10-speed
- Pedals: Plastic platform pedals
- Handlebars and Stem: 780mm flat bars with a 60mm stem +/- 7degree rise
- Tires: 27.5 x 2.35 Kenda Slant Six
- Brake levers: Tektro Flatbar Brake levers
- Wheels: 27.5 Through axle arrange with 15×110 entrance spacing and 12x148mm rear. Tubeless combatible
- Rear Derailleur: microShift Creation X 10-speed
- Bottle Bosses: One bottle cage boss per body
- Brakes: Juin Tech Hydraulic-Mechanical disc brakes
- Crank: Prowheel 32t slender broad chainring, 104BCD, and 175mm crank arms
- Disc rotor measurement: 180mm
- Chain: KMC 10
- Backside bracket: Sq. taper 73×113
- Cassette: 11-48 Creation X 10-speed cassette
- Weight: 30lbs
- 6061 double heat-treated aluminum (lifetime guarantee)
- 1 1/2 – 1 1/8 tapered headtube
- Normal enhance spacing 12 x 148mm rear. (through axle not included)
- 73mm BSA threading for backside bracket
- IS 42/52 headset included
- Seatpost collar included, made for 31.6 seatposts
- Inventory construct makes use of 180mm rotors and IS mount disc brakes
- Body is particular to 27.5″ wheels however is 29er suitable as much as a 2.1″ tire within the rear.
- Body provides each inner and exterior routing for rear brake cables.
- Inner routing for rear derailleur and dropper put up.
Try the opposite low value, nicely spec’d bikes that Poseidon Bikes provides under.